Thursday, September 9, 2010

11 months

Griffin Sawyer is 11 months old today! I am in shock, really. I cannot believe my little man is so big.
At 11 months Griffin has changed a lot!
He is bottle free! He loves his sippy cups and also loves organic whole milk. It was an easy transition off formula and off the bottle.
Griffin is eating almost all table foods. I have not opened a jar of baby food in weeks and I have hardly given him any pureed food.
Tonight he had steamed broccoli, green beans, some tortellini and pears. He feeds himself and has a great pincer grasp.
Griffin crawls so fast and pulls up to everything. He is walking along things but has not let go.
He loves cars, trucks, tractors, trains... if it has wheels he loves it. As soon as he grabs a car or truck he starts making noises "zroom", so cute.
Griffin, like his big sis, loves music. When the music starts he starts bouncing up and down or moving back and forth if he is standing. It is so cute.
He waves bye bye.
He loves to play in the Tupperware and also his sister's craft bins. I cannot count how many times I pick up all the craft stuff and put it back on the shelf. I thought of putting it in a higher spot but it really needs to be accessible to Sydney because she uses it daily.

Griffin continues to sleep very well although getting him to sleep the last few nights has been tricky for some reason. I need to look in his ears but I am almost afraid. Unfortunately, he has had a few ear infections and that is usually the only time he does not sleep well.

He has four teeth, two on top, two on bottom.

He says dada and momma and a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

He still loves bath time but it is a challenge because he does not sit still. He loves to stand up to the edge and make momma nervous. One of his newest things is to yell in a cup that he holds up to his mouth, so funny.

Griffin also LOVES being outside! If I so much as crack the porch door and do not go outside he gets upset. He is so content outside. He will ride or sit in the wagon for hours! We went on two very long walks this past weekend and he fell asleep sitting up in the wagon. I will share those pics in another post. We are really looking forward to spending tons of time outside this fall.

So much is changing and it really is bitter sweet.


He cried this morning during our photo session because I took his pacifier out of his mouth.


Today on my lunch I was sitting in my office working on party invitations for Sydney and Griffin's birthday party, (again I will share later) and tears just came to my eyes because here I am already planning Griffin's first birthday. I want my baby to grow up just not so fast. We love him so much and when I think about him and thank God for his life I cannot help but think of God's sacrifice of his Son for us. I cannot imagine sacrificing my son's life for a world of sinners. God loved his Son but he loved the world that much more and that is amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment