Monday, September 6, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make. Remember our responsibility chart? Well, I seem to have forgotten all about the chart lately. Do you ever get so busy and distracted that you let good habits and routines stop? I obviously do, because we have gotten out of the habit of using the responsibility chart. I have not forgotten about the actual chores and responsibilities on the chart. I do still make Sydney brush her teeth. I usually ask Sydney when I pick her up from daycare if she was kind to others and if she shared with friends. Most evenings without even being asked Sydney clears her place at the table. We have just gotten lazy about using the little magnets and filing in the chart. I loved my sister Ashley's comment about giving kids a sense of accomplishment and so I feel we need to go back to putting the little magnets on the chart when a chore or responsibility is completed. Going down the list before bed and allowing Sydney to put a magnet on the spot gives me a great opportunity and a reminder to verbally praise her for doing her chores and for making great choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment