Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waste Not Want Not

I just hate to waste anything. I cut open lotion bottles to get the last drop, I save and wash Ziploc and reuse, I eat leftovers and morf them into a soup or casserole. I just really hate to throw anything away.
Just before we left for the beach I had bought some fresh herbs to make homemade chicken stock. I knew when we got home the herbs would no longer be any good so I wanted to find a way to preserve them.
You can freeze fresh herbs! I actually read up on this in a Cheapskate book which instructed me to wash and dry the herbs. Then pull the leaves off the stems and make a single layer on a cookie sheet. Put cookie sheet in freezer for 2-3 hours and then bag up leaves. Herbs keep in freezer for months.

so I did this with some thyme


and rosemary





I feel so good knowing I did not waste.





No comments:

Post a Comment